Thursday, May 28, 2009

STI: Agency revealed unit number, price

May 24, 2009

Agency revealed unit number, price

I recently sold my property through DTZ.

 

Early this month, I was very upset when I received a flyer which stated the condominium developments, unit numbers and exact transaction prices of properties transacted by the company in the East Coast area. My unit at 1 Amber, #xx-0x, and the transaction price were at the top of the list.

 

I wrote immediately to DTZ and complained about the agents who had publicly distributed the details of my unit number and exact sale price.

 

I have yet to receive a reply.

 

Such information should be confidential and not made public, much less advertised and distributed freely.

 

By contrast, the Urban Redevelopment Authority's two online services, Prices Of Units Sold In Private Residential Properties and Private Residential Property Transactions With Caveats Lodged, respect the privacy of both seller and buyer by not revealing the address or the transaction price.

 

Eve Tan (Ms)

No comments:

Post a Comment